Monday, April 29, 2019

Hello again..

3 27 2019

 Hello again..  




                                                                     The Guardians



I've re-emurged!  Yes I'm alive! After a 5 year long hiatus. I am attempting another comeback on my blog... Why? well many reasons. but most importantly, I miss connecting with people and hearing their thoughts and well, getting my thoughts out too. I need an outlet, even if no one reads it! Oh, I still connect on instagram and facebook but blogging is more than social chit chat.. it's a whole journal of thoughts and a different kind of connection. As in a journal, I can write my every thought, and include tid bits of anything I want. I've missed it. I know I don't have too much time because I'm always working, but its so interesting to see where I was when I started this blog. To look back and see where I started doing shows in 2011-12 is very interesting. Now 8 years later, I'm pretty established as an artshow exhibitor "en plein-air" of sorts. I've had ups, downs, and changed my train of thought so many times. I've changed art, gotten better, I think, in some ways and in others I've forgotten the primitive, the rawness and simplicity of my first "public" exhibitions of art. Sometimes I want to go back and start all over to that simplicity. This Blog gives me that. even if I don't post often or only just for me.This year there will be more changes and lots of exciting things to look forward to... I'll be posting about them soon. Meanwhile I'll leave with a few pieces of my new work...
"up and away"- clay and cloth sculpture (shadow box with trinkets) (available on website)




"it's my party" clay sculpture (cigar box lid with ephemera-cloth dress-trinkets) (available on website) 

"You are loved" mixed media original (available only as print- website) 


6 comments:

  1. So happy to find you here! I know blogs can be challenging to keep up, but the interaction is so wonderful. So even if you don't blog often, I'll follow along because I love your art. (I first found you through Lifebook back in 2015 - the ballerina was one of my favorite lessons.)
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ellie!! Sid you see my post today? I'll be doing Willowings Ever After 2019 this year! there's early bird sign up today and soon I'll be giving away a spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ever After 2019 class looks sooo fun! Your art is beautiful! Can’t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ever After and would love a free place for this very last one :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your art on a Google search so I kept looking for a website and found your blog. I have 2 signed prints. Up and away that I bought as a memorial of my sister that passed. I absolutely love that picture, and so does everyone that comes into my house. I also have By the Sea, I think that's the title. That print was my first one. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete