Monday, April 29, 2019

Girl with a mask...


Girl with a mask




I'm feeling torn. I sometimes think I have art ADD! I'm in love with faces but flowers... oh.. the textures, the color combinations! and then i have a moment when all I can do is draw cute illustrations.. I feel like Dorothy in the wizard of Oz... confused, overwhelmed! I want to do it all and sometimes its so overwhelming I do nothing at all! my days are filled with dancing fairies in my head and color schemes and since i can't do both at the same time I just procrastinate! I clean my art room or a closet while I find old art i couldn't figure out what to do with. sometimes I think I need management! someone who says.. ok.. today you're going to concentrate on making 2 mermaids (gotta be specific)... you cannot get paid , eat or take a break until they are finished! Sometimes it helps to pretend I'm my own boss and I tell myself what the priorities are for the day. That is the hardest thing to do because then I mix in the house chores and errands and things i have to do on a personal level. I seem to work so much better on a last minute "its now or never" basis! Art shows really help but again I get home from a show on Sunday. I rest on Monday (meaning its shipping day (21/2-4 hours for wrapping, labeling and taking orders to post office) Usually will have time for little else. Tuesday.. is movie day cause its $5 tuesdays! yay! and then its dinner and Im too tired for painting after that! Wednesday is procrastination day... cause I can't figure out what I want to paint and Thursday is panic day cause I usually leave on Friday's for shows and I have got to paint something!! so I stay up all night painting at the last minute on Thursday' wondering why I do what I do!! Then its weekend shows and the cycle begins again! UGH!
I love being off for a couple of weeks from shows. It gives me time to recoup from the procrastination-rush-procrastination cycle.

Thats why I am so happy when someone gives me a set project that I have to get done or else! I said last month I felt like new things were going to happen and just then ... I got an invite for something super special.. with direction! with deadlines! with a set theme! super excited to tell you all about it.. but I can't...wa wa wa... not yet! But please stay tuned cause its just around the corner! I'll anounce it on MAY 1ST!!  Come back!! cant wait to tell you!!

1 comment: