Saturday, January 7, 2012

my new years resolutions!!

It seems every year we all start new resolutions... loosing weight is always on my list, but after a couple of weeks I just fizzle out and begin to indulge in all the leftover holiday goodies!!
This year I have a few resolutions but its gonna be real hard especially the diet after getting a huge extra large 56 oz bag of peanut M&M's... can 't start the diet before I finish that!!! that might take a while maybe by mid june i can start to diet!!
see there is always procrastination! don't like this word at all because it always takes hold of me!! That's my first( then comes the diet and loose weight thing) new years resolution! NO procrastinating! "take the bull by the horns" oh, wait as soon as I finish my bag of m&m's!!
Which leads me to my third new years resolution: get organized!! I still have a closet (and a few boxes) full of "art" stuff I don't think I have even used since I moved in my home in 2004!!! projects and paintings I never finished, books I never read, and well my "abundant collection of papers (specialty, handmade and old pages of vintage books I'll probably never use, but I just can't seem to get rid of!! what if I need them someday??? ugh! is there some kind of help for me, maybe I'm becoming a "Hoarder"!!! GASP!!!
which brings me back to New years Resolution number 1: NO PROCRASTINATING!!!

Ok, focus... lets start fresh:
#1: NO PROCRASTINATION! SERIOUSLY! I MEAN IT!!
#2: get in shape
#3: get organized
#4: focus on my art as a career and business

How can I accomplish this: STOP looking at what others are doing(thinking that they are so good, and how could I ever be like them!), believe in myself and take one day at a time.
Sometimes I overwhelm myself and feel like its just so much I can't really get anywhere. I see amazing artists going places with their careers, getting successful businesses running and I think I can't possibly do as good as them, they are so much better than me, then I feel discouraged and useless and I feel like running away and joining the circus...hence Bunny...

! ... so as of today I will do what I can the best that I can, one task at a time, one day at a time. I will accomplish all of my goals each and everyday this whole year and each day I will tell my self that I can and I will!!

Well yes this post is meant mainly for me and for those of you who feel that every year you get no where, that you accomplish none of the goals that you set forth, I feel like this each and every year, so I have to stop because I hate this feeling of not accomplishing what I most desire to do, somehow I talk my self out of it! This year I will talk myself into it!!

I decided this year will be the year I will accomplish all my goals! the only way I know how, believing that I can do it and trying the best that I can!!
Well sorry about the ranting and raving but I do hope that this will motivate you too to make this year your most memorable yet!!! Happy 2012, may all your dreams come true!! :)
also my art is now on Fabric Yay!!... click on Fantasy Fabric on top right corner!!

7 comments:

Diane Duda said...

No, your post is speaking to me too. I have many of those same feelings. Thanks for writing them down for me. I may refer to them often. :)
Di

pinkglitterfae said...

okay, this post seriously could have been written by me, lol! every bit of it! yes, I said I'd cut back on junk (although I've made huge changes in 2011), so yesterday I was in Walmart looking for a coffee maker, and guess what tempted me? A big bag of Reese's peanut butter cups, which of course I had to buy at such a cheap price, lol!

Just do the best you can, and don't feel bad if you fail one day. You can start again the next. I find this works for me.
I suppose I should sit down and figure out my goals, haven't really put much thought into them...sigh...here we go again with procrastination :-D

have a great day
xoxo
betty

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Oh gosh... well allot of artists that appear to be going places if you talk to them you will find they are not selling enough.

Most important is you are creating and I love what you create!

I think organizational goals are great ones to have as you can always sort through and throw out stuff! anytime.

HUGS Lorraine
HAPPY SPRING

Maurine magdalena said...

cute.. :)

blognyahrinz.blogspot.com

Whimsical Folk Art Blog said...

I can relate...I think your art is wonderful...very whimsical and fun...a nice spirit to it :) I look at other artists and compare myself oftentimes...but, we really should not do this! Defeats the purpose of art in the first place I am thinking...to be creative and expressive and have that outlet...do not give up :)

Ioana-Carmen said...

lovely blog. Do you want to follow each other darling? XoXo

FashionSpot.ro

Lucille Greyson said...

What a nice post. I love the new years resolutions you've listed here. Good luck in fulfilling them ;) Happy new year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails