Thursday, September 15, 2011

letting go

I just finished this painting and its very appropriate right now....


I'll tell you why...



Today is so many things! I have had a really hard week especially because my daughter decided she is going to do missionary work and decides to go halfway around the world. She left yesterday for Brazil, and although I know God will keep her safe its still hard to let go, cause as mothers we never see our children grown up!! I still see a 5 year old with little curls every where and big blue eyes! I hate that children have to grow up! but then again I am so proud of who she has become! I'm proud of all of my kids though, its just hard to watch them fly the coup... This was 1996 her and the boys...
and this is her all grown up on College Graduation day..:'(


any way also yesterday was my anniversary and I had to work so we really wont even get to celebrate it this year cause we are always working But I guess thats a blessing too!! 26 years... Yikes!! that's a long time but It doesn't feel long at all, I am very blessed thank you God!

Also I can't forget that I am so honored to be featured week on Ebsqart blog, I am so grateful, come by and say hi if you get a chance...


Now I have a big question, I don't know what I was thinking but I kinda do... I have three facebook pages, one is my personal page, one is my artist page and one is a fanpage... I don't like the fanpage that much cause I cant really interact that much with people. I hate my personal page because not only do I think my personal name is not artistic sounding at all but I actually hate my name ( by the way anybody ever heard of changing your name to an artistic name? like writers do?) but since its personal I don't want to mingle with my personal since its mostly friends from work and the past... I really like my artist page "Pbsartstudio" because not only can I mingle but I can post art and use my fanpage with it, but Lauren( my daughter who just graduated with a major in PR says I shouldn't even have this page because its confusing and once I get to 2000 friends face book wont let me have more ( I don't even know that I'll ever get there anyway! so I was going to delete it but now I'm having second thoughts on it, I like it, I want to keep it, I have so many friends on it I don't want to loose, and I love to be able to post to anybody when I want and comment back and forth! I was going to close it on the 20th and have advertised that for at least a month now but I really don't know if I should keep it. anybody have any advice... What do you think I should do? Help!

Oh and one more thing Only 5 five days left till I pick out a winner for my giveaway... I wish I could choose all who posted! but I will choose a second who will win a print of choice....Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.. hugs and good wishes for everyone! :0)

12 comments:

Julie-ann Bowden said...

Oh this one is a hard one, your daughter going so far away, bless her for the work she is doing! She looks totally happy and shinning a great upbringing! You'll know what to do when the time comes with your pages. Just sit tight until you know for sure. Your art is fabulous, truly beautiful!
Huge hug!
:) Julie

Sue Keener said...

It's tough to see your child go so far away but remember with today's technology she's sure to keep in touch. "Hands needn't touch when hearts always will" - self. As for your pages, I can't help much there. I can't get anyone to even like my page (or blog) with my name on it, so I'm clueless how it all works. Although, your work is wonderful and you'll be fine regardless of what page/pages you keep or don't keep. People will find you, as they flock to positivity.

WrightStuff said...

Such a beautiful painting.

I can so relate to how you feel, but you must be so proud that she is doing something so incredibly worthwhile. Imagine the stories she will have to share!

Andrea said...

Concerning the Facebook pages. I would keep the artist page. If I'm looking for an artist on Facebook, I always look for them under the name I know them from their blog. Plus I love to be able to see their new art!

jodi stone said...

Hi from Jodi Stone, Author and Illustrator! Maybe the reason you are feeling torn is tied in with your daughter. Sometimes it is so easy for me as a parent, wife, student, writer/illustrator to feel overwhelmed and wish some magic would come my way. But its those crazy, emotional times where I tend to find solace in creativity. Your art is some of the cutest I have ever seen, and as a fellow artist, it shouldn't matter how many pages you have as long as you continue sharing the gift you have. I believe you should use any sadness you feel in painting...the rest will start to make sense...daughters always return...I promise. http://www.Facebook.com/JodiStone.ChildrensBookAuthor

Isabel said...

What an awesome adventure your daughter is on and what a wonderful cause. I have a hard time letting my kiddos go too. As for the pages Im debating too, its seems its been impossible to send invitations out for my fanpage bc FB has changed alot and I dont see where they go when you invite someone or been invited, you have to invite fans the way you have by advertising on your personal page.Good luck and Im sure you will make the right desision:O) Awesome painting:O) And you have a beautiful name:O)

Paula Parrish said...

Ah, I know how you feel about adult children. Sometimes I think that it is harder being a parent to adult children than the little ones. I hope that your daughter has a wonderful time. I love your new painting.
Smiles, Paula

Jeannette said...

We always want our children to stay young and never grow up.Then we decide we want them to go out into the world and do the amazing things and be the amazing person we always imagined.Then we think upon it and decide that no we want them to be with us forever and not share their amazingness with anyone cause the world is a scary place.But don't worry she will come home soon and have such wonderful stories to tell you and share with you.As for your page you should just keep it and point people in that direction through your blog.

PBsArtStudio said...

Thank you all for such wonderful advice ! You have helped me decide what to do with my pages... I'm keeping them all for now anyway...Facebook is hard enough to figure out much more to start all over...thank you all for the lovely comments!!

My Vintage Mending said...

I am right around the corner from this with my oldest in high school...many blessing to you and your lovely daughter. I wanted to let you know that I posted about your prints and how much I adore them...thank you so much. Smiles....Renee

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

That's interesting my father was just saying the same thing, he still sees us as little girls. Your painting is beautiful!!!!
She will be in your heart and in your email hopefully.

HUGS Lorraine

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

Your daughter is an angel for doing such good work, as hard as it is to let her go, I know you are so very proud of her too. My prayers are with her and you, it's a wonderful thing. Hang in there Mom♥
As for facebook, I just deactivated my account for a bit. I felt it was taking up too much of my time and I got so into it and catching up all day that I found myself NOT blogging or visiting blogs as much as I used to and I missed it a lot! I might go back, and I might not. I'm going to see how a facebook-free life suits me for a bit :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails