Monday, July 11, 2011

A painting in the works...

I decided to take a few photos of a painting in different stages... I am not really sure what I am going to do with it but I do know where my inspiration comes from....I hate cooking and dieting and I LOVE Sugar, sweets, chocolate and Potato chips! I know they are all bad!! Why oh why can't these foods be the ones that are good for you! Well here's to dreaming...
Painting is drawn on wood and painted loosely with acrylics... not really sure what I am going to do with it... Then I add some oils to the face and background for texture and creamy look...
Details to faces...
and then I add collage ( this I feel is the hardest part...because I have such a hard time finding just the right matches with the painting!( I am a little OCD here!)
coming up with a name wasn't hard at all though..
"Lollipops, gumballs and lemon drops" YUM! I'm still a kid at heart!

Well I am almost done but now I feel it needs something.. I'll put it away until I can come up with inspiration...
Thanks all for the nice comments.. have a great Week!

12 comments:

Sophia said...

I love you showing the different stages of your art. It's simply dumbfounding and amazing...your art. Wow! You're really an inspiration to me and am SO glad that we crossed paths in the bloggie world. Much love to you! Hugs :)

Diane said...

You are SOOOO good!!

purplecat said...

Thanks for sharing, I love seeing how others peoples work develops! I always get the faces done first, isn't it funny how we all do it differently?

Rosa Lily (Pen) said...

Just beautiful. Only discovered your blog today and i'm glad I did. x

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

This is the cutest! Thank you for sharing your process too. I love to see the different stages a painting goes through. :)

*Linda Pinda* said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Unusual Girl Studios said...

I love to see work in progress. Honestly sometimes my favorite stage is not always the end result. For instance I love, love, love the blue and green of the backgrounds and while I do think it turned out awesomely (I think I might have made up that word?) I am also so glad I got to see the beginning stages because they are cool!

Leila West said...

Loved seeing your process! ...and welcome back to blogland!!

Sissy Sparrows said...

I am WIP addict! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful painting..I love it.

PBsArtStudio said...

Thanks girls. I love to see WIP's also!

Amanda Makepeace said...

You're in the EBSQ Friday Five!

Katherine said...

Oh no, now you've gone and made me want to take up oils! I love the creamy effect! I get a bit overwhelmed when I think of all of the different mediums and the different techniques for each medium! I'm limiting myself to pastel and acrylic at the moment. Maybe I can dedicate 2012 to oils?! Perhaps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails