Friday, July 15, 2011

new beginnings



I just finished this little painting...my inspiration... one of the best books I have ever read "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, besides "the Velveteen Rabbit"by Margery Williams and "I'll Love you Forever"by Robert Munsch. I have always wanted to Illustrate this adorable quote and while reading it
, It came to me.. the illustration". Hope you like.

I am thinking of donating this little painting to my Daughter.. she has just started a new job with a wonderful organization called Feeding Children everywhere Its non-profit and they package meals to take to needy children and families all over the world. She just graduated from college with a Public Relations degree and decides she wants to be a missionary...but luckily she got this great job which combines both her degree and her hearts desire...She also works for an organization called Hoola for Happiness which takes hoola hoops to poor children to spread some joy to their lives and God's love along the way. She needs help not only to fund her travel to work in countries like Haiti, Brazil, Cambodia and Africa, so my way of helping is to donate some art work she can sell or auction or maybe I'll auction it for her...Maybe a bit larger painting would bring in more money.... don't know.. any way if you'd like to find out more and even help this is her blog called for Love(suggestions on how to raise money welcome and desired):+D Bye for now...

8 comments:

Tina Gilmore said...

What a wonderful,kind and generous person you are, your daughter is very lucky. I love this picture, thanks for sharing xx

Leila West said...

Love that you're back blogging and love your wonderful painting.

Regarding the auction, what if you did a series of smaller paintings to donate/auction? I'm thinking 5x7 or 8x10 might be easier to sell/auction vs a large painting that most might not be able to afford? Just a thought. Congrats to your daughter for finding a position that can feed her passion!

PBsArtStudio said...

Dear Tina, Thanks, You are too kind and your words are so sweet,but I don't feel that these things are really in my heart... I'm not so kind and generous, its just God's love and I know how much he has blessed me that I feel I need to give back a little...Too little though!
Leila... Thanks you are always so welcoming and sweet! I think you may be right, that's what I will work on! :)

Ayala Art said...

Beautiful painting! I love that book too Xo)
About your daughter, maybe she can ad a "donate" button in her blog? Just explain the reason, and some people would be happy to chip in. Other might require an auction, like you said.
Good luck!

NatashaMay said...

The painting is awesome and you're being very generous. :) I actualy don't remember ever reading Little Prince. Can you beleive it? :)

claire barone art said...

SO SO SWEET LOVE YOUR LITTLE FACES AND STYLE XX

Sophia said...

I've not heard/read that book before. I must check it out if it provided you that much inspiration to produce such a wonderful and lovely piece! :) I love the colour choice, too.

Hugs

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails