Friday, May 6, 2011

Wishing all Mothers a Happy Mothers Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



Here is the poem on the girls dress of this painting... it always reminds me of my Mother...

The Old Armchair... by Eliza Cook

I love it, I love it! and who shall dare
to chide me for loving that old armchair?
I've treasured it long as a sainted prize,
I've bedewed it with tears, I've embalmed it with sighs,
'Tis bound by a thousand bands to my heart;
Not a tie will break, not a link will start.
would you know the spell- a mother sat there!
And a sacred thing is that old armchair!

In childhood's hour I lingered near
the hallowed seat with listening ear
and gentle words that Mother would give
to fit me to die and teach me to live.
She told me that shame would never betide,
with truth for my creed, and God for my guide

She taught me to lisp my earliest prayer,
as I knelt beside that old armchair.

I sat and watched her many a day,
when her eyes grew dim and her locks where gray;
And I almost worshiped her when she smiled,
and turned from her bible to bless her child.
Years rolled on, but the last one sped,--
My Idol was shattered, my earth-star fled!
I learned how much the heart can bear
when I saw her die in that old armchair.

'Tis past, 'tis past, but I gaze on it now
with quivering breath and throbbing brow;
'Twas there she nursed me, 'Twas there she died
and memory flows with a lava tide.
Say it is folly and deem me weak
Whilst scalding drops start down my cheek;
But I love it, I love it and cannot tear
my soul from my mothers old arm chair

On May 12,2006 My Mother passed away after suffering all her life with horrible mental disease, I was a bit relieved, because she wouldn't suffer anymore and so sad that I had never really enjoyed her because it was rare when she was lucid but even with all that my brother and I went through, there was never a moment when she wasn't expressing her love to us, she always called me her little girl and that comforted me. every Mothers day I would bring her flowers and take her out somewhere special. i would put on her favorite music that she used to listen to when she was a girl and talk about her youth and somehow that made her more lucid and incredibly happy and I always cried with happiness to have a little bit of a relationship... I miss her dearly and hope that someday I will see her in heaven and she will recognize me and we will sit and talk for hours like never before. I hope wherever she is she knows I love her and can't wait to see her again... Happy Mothers Day, " Mamita" ( my endearing name for her)
I Pray that all those who still have their mothers can enjoy them thoroughly on this wonderful day!!!and those of us who don't have her with us anymore can smile at the thought of seeing them again one day... And those that never had one... yes you missed out but you still have a heavenly Father that loves you more than his own life!!!
May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, what a moving story. I just came across your art today while searching google images. I need to tell you how much I love your work. It's beautiful and very emotional, with great colors and textures. I to am a self taught artist, please drop by and visit.
www.mybrowneyedgirldesigns.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you, keep up the AMAZING work
x0x0
Debbie

p.s. also now a follower

Michaela Spodniakova said...

Your work is amazing!

PBsArtStudio said...

Thank you so much Michaela and Debbie!

NatashaMay said...

This is so beautifuly written it brought tears to my eyes. Happy mothers day to you. :)

Clare said...

what a sad yet inspiring story- a tribute to your mom - your art is happy yet it does hold a little secret in its heart -

Shelley Whiting said...

My mother died. Art is the best way to deal with the grief. The girl in the painting looks like an angel. The picture to me is very spiritual, and I love the white background with the collage background. A very thought provoking and beautiful piece.

PBsArtStudio said...

Thanks you so much all for your lovely comments! :+D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails