Thursday, August 5, 2010

she lived in a little house


she lived in a little house
(On My Etsy)
Originally uploaded by pbsartstudio


I don't know whats up with me, I can't stop, as soon as I finish one i start three more paintings all different styles... I was looking at my paintings from last year... I've really changed my style, but I just love creating a more whimsical dolly look... what do you think, should I paint back to my old style or should i go with the more "folky" art.. if thats what you can call it? see all my paintings here on flicker, too many to blog about and so many more to post! Soon I won't be able to put them on my Flickr cause there's no more room without a pro account and I can't afford it just yet, maybe I'll just upload them to my facebook account...yeah! Maybe it's because I'm not working and have nothing better to do and I'm home alone all day!!! So in between job hunting and filling out job apps online (which I think go somewhere into never neverland, cause I get no calls) and "cleaning and cooking...yuk" I'm always in my art room.....
Yeah I'm just rambling this post probably makes no sense.....LOL!!!

13 comments:

Art and Clasp said...

Oh my goodness I absolutely love this one! I also really love your "Old Love Letters" too. Beautiful work, I really like your style!

claire barone art said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
claire barone art said...

she is wonderful all your paintings are ,love her shes charming xx

Vixen lily said...

this is beautiful, the crackle effect really works

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Patti! Ooh, such a cutie! Love your latest creation. I admire all your styles, so it would be hard to choose. I don't believe you can go wrong either way. You are a fabulous artist! :)

Kerri said...

i love the look of her- you should do a post of "old" style and "new" style! it would be fun to see the progression!

NatashaMay said...

Just enjoy it while it lasts. :) You'll see, one day you'll get a job and then no time to make art. I love your folk art style. Just go with what you feel like it. Don't limit yourself. :) Have a fabulous weekend!

pinkglitterfae said...

Lol! you go girl!
You don't need to choose between your old style and your new. You are an artist, paint whatever your spirit tells you to paint, and when you get tired of it, try something else. I love both your old and new style. There's plenty of room for both - well, maybe not on your Flikr account, haha!
xoxo
betty

Emma Grace said...

I love what you have done and think your amazing! I followed you!!!!!!

simplydelicious said...

I looked at your Flickr...I loved them all. Can't choose one style over the other! You are a great artist...."They" always say do what you love and that's what will sell the best!! So...if you are loving the folksy ones right now...keep it up!!

~Karen

Sophia said...

Keep at it! Don't stop while you're in the groove!! :)

JoMo said...

Gorgeous work. I think you should paint what you feel like and not worry about keeping with a particular style. It's still you, just a different angle or take on creating, all & each one lovely!
Cheers,
Jo

eva diva said...

Everyone here is sweet to note that you should just follow your heart and let nature/your soul take its course when you paint, your work is gorgeous!

Keep it up, you have more art within you than you ever know! Do visit me too, I paint girls with mixed media like you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails