Thursday, August 12, 2010

Roller coaster of emotions!




Hi everyone... Ive had a week....of ups and downs, lately I seem to be doing a lot of those.(my Daughter say's..."Mom you are one hot mess"!LOL!)

Before anything though ... a great big thank you to everyone who encourages me on this blog, it so helps me to keep going because if it wasn't for you I would have already quit!
I am a little emotional because , don't laugh, I found a job!!! Maybe I didn't really want one yet, although I have been complaining about not finding one, haha! Ah, women who understands them, not even me! I must of put in 1000 applications to places I really did want to work and a few to where I just put them in because ... it's a job..well I got the "It's a job", It's in retail, which I have never done before and I'm just not sure I'm going to like it!!!a little worried because I hate to quit jobs, especially once I know that they have been through so much effort to train me. so many doubts in my mind about this job, I have been really nervous about it and worse... my time will be cut short,But I really need this job... Hence I Will work for peanuts! I have had so much fun being out of work and making art and I can't wait till the fall because thats when all the art shows start and even though it's been tough selling online this summer, I know I'll do good during the art shows, I just hope I'll have the time with this new job!
Anyway on a "un-Whiny" note I have been experimenting with some new stuff, like always! (I am going to have to categorize my art because I go in so many different directions),( and by the way thanks on all your encouragement with that), I suppose as artists we all grow and transform, I realized that especially, by looking at other artists work and see so many transformations and growth including my favorite artist Vincent Van Gogh. So I'm OK with that. I love learning new stuff and trying it out, every week its something different, a couple of weeks ago... encaustics, this week its resin,don't have anything finished yet but I'll give you a peek of what I have been working at...Oh yeah and the Circus... These three paintings on wood are destined for resin, the top one "Will work for peanuts" is almost finished no resin...and the next two are not even finished...
"World's strongest man"


"The great Alexander P. Cat"

15 comments:

Isabel said...

Congrats on the job and I know what you mean about the job u didnt want you got!But I know @ the job u want and got and hated it in the end!!Its happened to me,im looking too and Im picky and need parttime so Im only apllying at 2 places...love being home and just doing what I want, Good luck and dont stay if you are not happy...Love the new work:O) Have a great day~ Isabel

Vixen lily said...

aw your circus characters are so sweet :)

pinkglitterfae said...

cute circus characters!

congrats on the job! I know you have mixed feelings, but it really is a blessing to have a steady income, how else can you buy the latest art supplies, lol?
you just have to get better at time management, so you can still create to your heart's desire.
The fall shows sound fabulous, I know you will do very well there.
xoxo
betty

patty said...

Love your new work and that you keep trying new things. That's how we learn, yes? Try to look at your new job that way. It will be a learning experience if nothing else and you will meet lots of new people. Keep an open mind. Having said all of that, I totally get your conflicted feelings!

Sleepandhersisters said...

I am loving these circus souls... Good luck xxx

Sissy Sparrows said...

You know, you never know, you may really enjoy this new job...or maybe look at it as a means of filling in time until that PERFECT job comes your way. Good luck with it, your art is fantastic!

NatashaMay said...

Congrats for the job even if you don't want it! :) At least you'll have money to buy art supplies. That's why we all have jobs, rigt?! :)) The elefant looks so sad it breaks my heart.

Pease Porridge said...

I always love you work. This one is sooo cute. Oooo, yeah, resin sounds neat on these. I know what you mean by growing and trying new things. I am constantly doing that in front and behind the scene. That is the fun of art. Good luck on your new job, maybe you will really like it. :)

Jennifer

PBsArtStudio said...

Thanks so much every one! for the good well wishes on my job too! I hope I like it too!

The Market in the Glen said...

I hope that it can be the kind of job that gives you the money to do what you love and is truly over once you "clock out", so that you have the energy and time to do what you are so obviously meant to do... create! Thank you for giving something beautiful to the world through your art.

Leila Gervais said...

Well first, congrats on the job!!!

Second, thanks for your friendship over at Willows.

Third, don't worry about the retail job, people come and go, they know that, it's part of the business...and besides, while you have income coming in, you can still search for that dream job. ;-)

Lasty, so glad I came across your blog, I enjoyed your flickr stream and am glad I can follow you here for new works!

Ingrid Dijkers said...

You have a very enchanting and distinctive style that I love. I enjoyed my visit to your blog today and will return.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Oh my Cuteness! I love each and everyone of your circus inpired creations. The elepant is my favorite and the "Will work for peanuts" (lol) included in the piece as well as how you feel about your new job was a perfect addition. Congrats to you sweetie! Visiting your blog is always a treat for me! Love your new layout too! :)

Amariah said...

Good luck with the new job! I hope you like it... The only 'job' I've every liked is working in a frame shop.. It was really great to see different art every day and be able to do something creative.

Sophia said...

Hey...I'll be a mess right by your side, then you won't have to feel alone!! ha! Life has been full of ups and down for myself as well. Let's kick the downs in the toosh together!

LOVE the little elephant! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails