Friday, July 16, 2010

The Diet!


Thought it would be interesting to show you guys what I''m doing to loose some weight. Its been 1 week since I started my diet and exercise program, I am very happy to say I've lost 4 lbs. yay! It's a great program that I did a few years ago, really the only thing hard is eating too much, well it is kind of hard to eat so many times a day because you really have to plan what you're doing all day and always be prepared.
I've been eating 5-6 meals a day program. It's called the Abs Diet.(same as the Body for life diet,but this one is healthier) I eat about every 2 1/2to 3 hours. the meals have to be balanced and healthy. these are the main foods:
1. Almonds,walnut, pecans, pistachios, pumpkin seeds eaten with skins intact.
2. Beans and Other Legumes
3. Lots of Green Vegetables
4. Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese ( I don't eat dairy, just yogurt)
5. Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored- (Irish oats of rolled is best- there's a 5 min cook version)
6. Eggs
7. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
8. Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free.(fresh is best)
9. Olive Oil
10. Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
11. Extra-Protein Powder(Whey)
12. Berries-1/2 cup per serv, 1/2 small apple

I cut out:
sugar,white starches(potatoes,white rice, white breads, white pasta) substitute for whole grains and stevia(sugar substitute found a health food stores, Now there's a product called Truvia at major groc stores, no starchy vegs like carrots and corn.

Portions are important too:
carbs: any whole wheat or grain- about the size of your fist
Protein: lean meats including fish- about the size of your palm (just the palm not the fingers and about as thick as your palm)
fats: olive, coconut oil- just enough to cook with or add to your salad, a fourth of an avocado

A sample day goes something like this:

7:00 Breakfast:1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup milk( I use almond milk( which you can purchase at the grocery store(non-sweetened)10 almonds (make sure they are raw)
1'2 apple sweeten with Truvia-8oz. wtr or tea or coffee

work out from 8:00-9:30am 8 oz wtr-20 min interval cardio and weight training(with weights

9:30 snack: 1 cup Greek yogurt plain w/ Truvia 1/2 berries blend or not!8oz wtr or a whey protein shake ( 1/4 cup whey protein,5 strawberries, 1/2-3/4 cup water(depends on taste)

12:00 Lunch
2 slice whole wheat bread ( I use Ezequiel bread (which is a sprouted health bread (health food stores)lettuce, tomatoes, onion, peppers, pickles,2 slices of Roast beef or turkey,8 oz wtr, or iced tea (sweeten w Truvia)

3:00 snack -1 slice of Ezekiel bread w 1 tsp of raw honey and Almond butter(health food store)really good! 8 oz wtr or tea-

5:30 Dinner- Salad any amount with 3 oz protein cooked to preference( can be spice up, baked or grilled) 1/2 cup brown rice stir fried with 1 tbs coconut,sesame or olive oil add 1/2 tsp soy sauce and sesame seeds 8oz wtr

6:30 brisk 20 min walk around neighborhood 8 oz wtr

8:30-9:00 snack (optional)- 1/2 small apple- handful nuts 8 oz wtr

best part... you get one cheat meal a week! anything you want!

It's a hard diet to follow but if you prepare your food ahead of time and get plenty of snack and take them with you wherever you go it is easy and much cheaper than eating out. When I work, I just cook plenty of rice, chicken breasts,skinny beef steaks, cut all veggies, make salads and oatmeal for the week and get lots of yogurt and nuts to snack and shakes are usually a life saver!

This plan really speeds up your metabolism and helps you to lose weight really fast. you don't have to exercise that much, just 20 min cardio a day but I want to really tighten up so I do 2 times a day 20 min interval cardio and light weights. i have known people to not exercise at all and still loose weight, but I still think exercise is important and results are more likely!
Well I hope you like my program , I'll continue to keep posting about because it really motivates me to show my progress. I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks! wish me luck!
Oh and still working on posting my first Ebay listing in a long time,starting at just $.77 but in the meantime, here's a new painting I recently did...haven't named this one yet either!

9 comments:

simplydelicious said...

Good luck on your diet!!!! I so struggle with trying to lose weight! Sounds like you are off the a great start!!
~Karen

Rebecca Anthony said...

Congratulations!! If I ever want to lose a few I always find it easier when I have a pretty book to write my daily planned menus down in. It's good because then you can always look back at it and say hmmmm well that menu really worked etc...

Kolleen said...

thank you for sharing this!! it sounds like you are off to a great start!!! i was doing something very similar called "food lovers" and did pretty well until summer hit!!! it is so weird but in the summer i tend to not eat much at all due to the heat.....i don't ever feel very hungry. and i know this isn't good for my body!!!

so i am hoping to start things back up once all my kiddlies are back in school!!!!

sending you lots of continued success and hugs!
xoxo
k

Theresa said...

You're awesome!!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing the diet info and your lovely art!

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Awesome..way to go! 4lbs. already-that's great! Sounds like a healthy diet menu too. I'm starting The South Beach diet today. I hope I can stick to it!

Miss CT said...

Good luck with your diet. They are not easy, so kudos to you on this journey!! :)

And I love your new little girl. How creative on your butterflies. I LOVE those.

Happy Sunday! Hugs!

NatashaMay said...

Congrats on losing weight! :) I have to go on a diet as well but it's just too hard to cut ou ice cream. :) And I don't like to cook so that is my main problem. Love your painting.

Giggles said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to
post the diet! Much appreciated! Seems so sensible, one that could work into a permanent lifestyle very easily! The real secret is eating several times a day....something I rarely do....

Peace Giggles

Giggles said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to
post the diet! Much appreciated! Seems so sensible, one that could work into a permanent lifestyle very easily! The real secret is eating several times a day....something I rarely do....

Peace Giggles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails