Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cleaning house in more ways than one!

So all this time off, being sick and trying to find a job, (with no luck!)I decided to do some cleaning, my art studio...(no easy task) that needs a downright overhaul! I have barely gotten anywhere even though I have spent the last two days cleaning it... It doesn't help that I keep forgetting what I'm doing and get totally distracted by some old piece of art I forgot to finish in some corner and decide suddenly to work on it! Or some really nice papers I find that I had stashed away and forgotten about them... I don't think I'll ever finish cause I just keep making a mess all over again! One nice thing is I have realized how much artwork I actually have that I have not posted up for sale, I guess I've been a little discouraged too, because the lack of sales, but in all I have about 20 new art pieces, not to mention some pendants i created a while back, I sold quite a bit of them at some art shows I did back in the spring and then put the rest in a box and forgot about them! Soooo... I decided I'm going to get rid of some of the art clutter and try my hand at ebay...again...When I first starting selling, I did ok, but then I got discouraged and didn't want to pay anymore Ebay fees for nothing, so I quit. This time I am going to put up some of my original artwork starting really cheap....just $.77, some will be prints, some will be Originals, some large paintings, some small... starting this Sunday. I decided my first painting will be...

"Let me mend your broken heart" is currently selling on
Etsy

I'll be posting new artwork every day for 7 days, what sells,sells and if it doesn't then I guess I'll have more stuff to sell in art shows come the fall!

And while I'm at it I decided to start an intense exercise and diet program, after all this sickness I need to get healthy and stop having so many symptoms like PMS, allergies and just feeling plain ol' Blah! A couple of years ago I got in the best shape of my life, no PMS...no allergies and never even got a cold. When other people around would get sick, I'd just have to take care of everyone, this little bout of the flu made me realize how out of shape I am... so I decided to return to the natural medicine, six meals a day and exercise. I'ts not so easy though... I feel really run down after the flu, but everyday I'm getting stronger and more motivated.
I'll be posting on some of the things I did and will be doing again to get in shape like reading books (like if you want to get rid of PMS the best book is "What the Doctors won't tell you about PMS or Menopause" by Dr John R. Lee M.D., (This book is amazing, if anyone suffers from PMS or Menopause symptoms...this is the one)and "The Body for Life" by Bill Phillips. I've got some great info on all this if anyone is interested. I'll be letting everyone know about my progress...Oh, this is going to be hard but as they say... no pain, no gain, right? wish me luck please...

6 comments:

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

So glad you're starting to feel better. It's no fun at all being sick! I'll be looking forward to future posts about getting in shape(eating right and exercising)I need to do that too. You're not alone! Good luck with your sales :-)

Sunny Lee said...

I never get to clean my studio either. I always get distracted by something such as pack of pattern papers I forgot to use or unfinished paintings that I want to finish. Hope your etsy sale goes blossom!!!

Diane said...

Much good luck with all of your goals--improving your lifestyle AND Ebay--and both are alot of work and dedication. It's hard to sell art right now, but keep making it--you most definitely have a gift!

Theresa said...

Your art is beautifully touching and I love the title! Wishing you only the best in all your endeavors!

Miss CT said...

Your artwork is simply amazing and moving. I can't imagine it NOT selling. And your first piece is amazing! I will send a link to some people I know of your site. Good luck and I wish you the VERY best! :)

faerwillow said...

~i am beyond thrilled to have stumbled upon your sweet littel space...your paintings capture such grand emotion...with their eyes are longing to speak...simply beautiful painting! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails