Monday, June 7, 2010

Quirky Paintings

Well, I promised I wouldn't stay away for long and it's good that I decided that because on Kelly Rae's "Flying lessons" she talks about consistency... Yeah... not too great with that! But I'm really going to try hard ...

I have been working at painting more whimsical, quirky paintings, these are quite small...5x7, I do sketch them out first but I just can't see them right without their background so by putting them on a small canvas I don't feel like I'm wasting canvas, does that make sense? I have been really loving doing them small though!! I will be trying to do more and more quirky small paintings, maybe I'll put them up on ebay, although I never have any luck on ebay... I just hear crickets.......any tips on how to sell successfully on ebay? I see many artists start at .01 with no reserve, but that doesn't even pay for the canvas?How do they do that?
Any way I thought about mounting these on another canvas with a background collage or maybe even an old frame or should I just leave them alone?? Love some suggestions....
This first one is "Bee Happy"... but the other ones I haven't come up with a name yet, I could use some help with that too if anyone is interested?

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness, those paintings are sooo cute! If I had money, I would adopt all of them right now, lol. I know what you mean about ebay, I don't get it either. It seems really risky and expensive. I watched this one artist blog about a new painting that she put on ebay for .01 cent but by the time I read her blog and clicked to ebay, it was already up to a $30 bid. I guess it is just a little bit of luck and a little bit of how many people know you're out there. As for your painting titles, the postcard one could always be called, "Going Postal", lol. Have a good night :)

Diane said...

These are so cool!! I like the idea of putting them in old frames to match each one. I agree with Ebay--You have to have a following. The tricky part is getting one, but once you do, then you can start bids low. For some reason, people will keep bidding when the bid is started low.

Jenni Horne said...

Your art is just so adorable. I LOVE the bunnies! Really. Enjoy Kelly's Class, but remember to stay true to who you want to be as an artist and where you want to go with your work. You have amazing talents. Doors will be opening, do not let fear hold the keys.

Lynda said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for following my blog :) Glad I could help with the title to one of your paintings. I saw the butterfly dreams piece on your etsy shop, she is adorable! I love her little hat and big dress :) I was wondering if I could ask you a question. I will be putting original paintings on my etsy shop soon but cant seem to figure out how I would set them up for shipping. How do you do it? You seem to have a large variety of sizes so how do you ship them? Don't worry, I won't steal your packaging style, Im just wondering if there are boxes for all shapes and sizes :) Anyway, I appreciate your help and friendship :)

Ashley Inzer said...

Wow your paintings are so beautiful!! So sweet and fun! I found you on the Flying Lessons class list. I also live in FL...Winter Park. Just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I love your work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails