Monday, June 14, 2010

Rapunzel, Rapunzel... let down your golden hair...


Just another painting I just finished on wood....I named her Rapunzel because I showed her to two different friends and they both asked if she was Rapunzel...so "Rapunzel" it is...

Today has been exhausting! I must find a new job or quit my job altogether and figure out a way to make a living through this art of mine. I Love my job, I create art all day and I love it but Its outside! and I don't get paid nearly enough!Today it was 100 degrees here in Florida, It felt like 150. I felt like I was in a sauna and although we have fans (two little ones...) they only blow hot air! I can't even eat, it's too hot to even feel appetite... I can't understand how this is our busy season... why do tourists come to Florida in the summer....??? I don't get it!!!!! But why do I stay... I learn so much at my job, this past few weeks I have been learning chinese letter brush... Thats writing someones name out in little tropical, animal and flower characters, its very pretty and I love it! My Boss is the best too! that always helps! But I have come to realize that something has got to change!!! It's just too hot!:( ... Ok enough whining! I am very excited about one thing... I received my new art prints that will be in my
etsy shop starting today. They turned out beautiful! I don't have one of those fancy printers, so I get them made by a company who is slow as molasses but the quality of their work is fantastic! I am very happy with the prints.
I do want to say thank you to all of you who commented on my last post, Its so nice to get such wonderful advice and opinions from talented and sweet spirited friends who know how I think and feel! I haven't had a chance to visit but I will! Thank you so much. I feel so honored to be able to receive such great advice from all of you...

13 comments:

Joella said...

love this piece. Hope you are successful in making a living with your art. sending some good vibes out to the universe for you:)

Lynda said...

The painting is very pretty :) Sorry to hear that you have to be in such hot weather. What exactly do you do for work? It sounds really fun...aside from the heat, lol.

Diane said...

Your job sounds like a great job, minus the heat--what exactly do you do?--make a post about it!! We would love that!
And Rapunzel--how perfect for this painting--perfect!!

daisydolls said...

Rapunzel is perfect! You have such a unique look. Sorry about the heat it's been incredibly hot here in GA as well.
I too am interested to know what your current job is!

nacherluver said...

very cute!

Isabel said...

Yikes!!! Too HOT 4 me, I can not handle the heat like I used to and I live in Tx,I hope it works out for you:O) I love the painting!!:O)Have a wonderful week and keep creating great work:O) Isabel

JewelzyBug said...

Beautiful! I love your girls! So many layers to your work!

Michele said...

This piece is adorable. She reminds me of Rapunzel too. :)

Good luck making a decision on your job. I know it's a hard one to make. It sounds like a great job, except for the heat. Yuck! I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with that.

rachel awes said...

oh my goodness!
& golden she is
indeed!
so lovely!

Kerri said...

what is your job? i'm so curious... i am so sorry it's so hot b/c it otherwise sounds very nice. can't they move you inside?

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Rapunzel is divine! I am sure you can make a living with your art- it makes people so happy! God gave you a wonderful gift, I'm sure He meant you to use it and be happy with it! Btw, it's always hot here in the Philippines! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Patti! Your Rapunzel turned out fabulous! Love how she is just daydreaming away. I seem to be doing that alot lately. Sorry about the hot weather. I can't take the heat for very long myself. Blessings to you! :)

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

This is so lovely. She does look like she is in a tower... so Rapunzel is very fitting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails