Thursday, June 10, 2010

Consistency


About consistency... I have mentioned before how not good at it I am, I am all over the place in my art, I can't seem to stick to one thing,one style. Am I normal.. I don't know? I see so many artists that can stick to something that really brands them like...Kelly Rae...
No, not me...I can get inspired by a jar of molding paste or a scrap of paper just the same and create something totally different from one painting to the next just because of the medium, even my family always exclaim... That's different! Does that mean I can never be branded...will people see me as wishy washy?
I seem to change my art so often a.. from more realistic faces ...to very whimsical or even cartoonish..., I hope that that isn't a contributing factor in how successful I am at appealing to potential buyers but I really can't help it, I want my art to be fun and if I can't feel it then I can't create it, even if I can't sell it! That's why I keep creating these silly little wood blocks(picture at top of blog) that don't even sell! but I love them and I have come to one conclusion...I create art to display paper! I am consistent about that!LOL!
Yes.. I am consistent in the fact that I am totally infatuated with paper and sometimes I just want to display paper in my art, sometimes I think it is just too pretty to cover up with paint, sometimes I even just want to mount the whole sheet of paper on a mat and frame and stare at it. I get lost in the art store looking at paper and now I have accumulated so much I really don't think I can use it in a lifetime, but I can't part with it either... sometimes I think I can't even use the paper in fear that I'll use it up and never find it again??? even though I only use a little of it and I usually have three or more sheets of the same... Am I becoming a paper Hoarder??? OH no!... I think I need help!

13 comments:

Micki said...

Lol your paper addiction amuses me ;)

I for one can tell a painting of yours from others, I think even though you see them being very different from each other they are still very you and it is just showing the different sides of you!
I know I have many different sides and would die of boredem if I painted the same thing again and again, I paint girls, animals houses and cakes too and whatever else I feel like doing at the time ;)
I say keep painting what you love and don't settle for any less :)

Micki x

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Patti! I believe I am the same type of artist like you are. Creatively split with using different mediums to express our art. It's always a fun thing to have and it keeps my creative juices flowing all the time. Blessings to you! :)

pinkglitterfae said...

You know I've been wondering lately about the same thing, consistency. I am all over the place too.

Maybe you are not meant to stick to the same thing...I know lots of successful artists who do the same thing over and over, but I would be bored, and I know you would too.
You try new things and have fun with your creations. How boring to do the same thing every day. It's not for me, and I don't think it's for you. We create what makes us happy (even if it doesn't sell).

And boy, do I understand the paper obsession, lol! I have tons of pretty paper, and I won't use them, I want to save them for 'later', yet I keep adding to the stash. Have you ever walked into a store that sells Japanese and hand made papers???WOW! it's like heaven!

ps-I absolutely adore your art, so you must be doing something right
xoxo
betty

claire barone art said...

HELLO PATTI I ALSO HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS TOO .... I THINK YOU HAVE A VERY DISTINCTIVE STYLE AND I CAN TELL THAT THEY ARE YOURS, AS ARTISTS WE WOULD GET NOWHERE IF WE DIDNT TRY NEW THINGS I LOVE YOUR WORK ITS CHARMING X

Diane Duda said...

My art is the same, I think. People always say they recognize my art immediately, though, as I do yours.
While you offer a lot of variety (which is good) your style is still evident in all of your pieces.
I say mix it up and have fun! :)
(and I love your little wood blocks)

Di

Isabel said...

Too funny! I was just thinking the same the other day, I am an artist who paints and draws what inspires me at the moment...and thats ok bc it shows that we can paint anything and are not afraid to show that.I am consistent in the tools I use!:O)LOL I like to think art is like fashion...if I feel jeans for a month i wear them everyday or skirts one week,and also like decorating ur house every room is different like a bed and breakfast! Keep doing what you do its great!!:O)

Diane said...

You're so funny--did I write this?! I get tired of doing the same thing over and over too--it's good to change up--people like seeing new and different things from their favorite artist.
And Micki is right--you have variety, buy you also have your own distinct style.
And about the paper--I could open a store with what I have (seriously) and still have plenty left for me. It kind of scares me too.

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

I change with the wind too. Also, you may not see it but you have a very distinctive style that one can recognize in most paintings you create. Normally I can spot your paintings as soon as I see them. It's good that you don't to the same thing over and over, it keeps your paintings fresh and helps you to keep from getting bored with your work.

PBsArtStudio said...

Thank you so much girls for your wonderful encouragement!I'm so glad I'm not alone! Blessing to all! Patti

Michele said...

I think your characters are lovely no matter which way you paint them (realistic or whimsical). I have the same problem with switching around my styles, it's not always easy to do the same thing, and It's fun to try new stuff. Though I am afraid, like you, that it will affect potential buyers if I can't seem to narrow down to a specific style. Oh well, at least we are having fun!

rachel awes said...

i love them all!
one would likely
not be
without the other.
lovely to visit!

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

We all need help in our paper addictions! There are just too many beautiful papers out there! I really love your art - especially the realistic face you posted - so pretty!

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails