Thursday, March 25, 2010

An honest post


I have realized I'm an absolutely terrible blogger! in fact I'm horrible at any social media! I really don't have a knack for it, in fact I really don't even know how to advertise for my Etsy! I struggle even on flickr.. Ha ha... I really am a terrible sales person too. I hate to seem like I'm trying to get a sale, I feel like I'm spamming which I despise. I love comments, but I don't even know where to post back an answer, like on Flickr, when someone leaves a comment, do I post something back on my own picture or do i go to the persons picture who commented on mine, ?? doesn't that seem like I'm trying to get people to come see me under their page?? ahh, frankly I'm frustrated with it! I don't want to seem like I'm trying to sell or trying to get sales, honestly, I just want a frank opinion or to make someone smile!Of course sales are nice but aren't most of those with whom we blog with artists too and trying to get their stuff out too? Twitter and Facebook are the most baffling of all because I'm terrible at telling people what I'm doing, most of the time I really don't know myself!LOL! And then there's the issue of how much time I'm spending doing all of this when I barely have time anyway, I'd rather be painting in my little spare time but then I have accumulated art that no one sees... oh and most of the time I'm so distracted looking at everyone else art and drooling over it, I don't get anything done anyway!I know this is a silly post! Just venting I guess, thanks for listening... I can go to work today with a little more off my chest...

I hope this new little painting makes you smile... It shows I'm so ready for spring...

10 comments:

Micki said...

This post made me giggle!

I totally know what you mean, I think I spend more time 'networking' than I do painting!!
I hate facebook, won't go near it and I haven't tried Twitter but I do use Flickr the Etsy forums and of course my faithful blog ;)

On Flickr I answer people under my own post but on my blog I answer questions on the other persons blog...I don't know why but that seems to be what everyone else does lol ;)

I love your new painting, I already commented on Flickr lol, see what I mean about too much time supposedly 'networking'? ;)

Hugs
Micki x

Pease Porridge said...

Ha ha! You took the words right out of my head. That is all so true. There are too many places to go for one. I mainly just blog. I don't have time for the rest. I have to say though that your art is beautiful, you should be shouting it from the roof tops. It just gets more gorgeous everytime I visit. It is funny though, I do try to stay away from looking at other peoples art sometimes because I find that it influences me and I do so much better if I just stay in my own mind. Does that make sense to you? It is all very hard isn't it? Love your latest so many details! Very pretty.

Star said...

Your art is wonderful! I love seeing it here on the blog! I certainly wouldn't worry about blogging every day; it's your blog and you blog when you wanna! LOL!
I have never felt (on this blog) that you are simply blogging just to push sales of your art. As long as you have the link to Etsy or other points of sale then people will go take a look if they so desire....or not.
But if you don't say you have art for sale and where then if someone is interested how would they find you? The one main problem with Blogger is the fact you can't reply easily to comments. I do wish they would fix that! It takes so much time to have to go to another person's blog to leave a reply comment which sometimes then gets lost in the shuffle.
Use the networking sites (like facebook)to just keep up with friends & family. Don't start those darn games and such. Flicker is good if you can refrain from getting lost looking at every one's pictures for hours.
Like Pease Porridge, I also have days where I spend too much time looking at the art of others and then find I'm afraid to do anything because I have their art floating in my head. However, one does have to see and learn by looking. It's a mad circle.
YOU have nothing to worry about; you do fine and are not the least bit pushy!
Don't stop blogging....just go paint a while and enjoy the time!

pinkglitterfae said...

haha! I could have written this blog post myself, since I'm the same way. Sales are nice, but I love to connect with other artists.
No one likes to seem like they are desperately looking for sales, and blogs who do nothing but promote their latest work, and where to buy their art are a little too aggressive for me. I simply stop looking. It's nice to see someone speaking the truth.

I don't have twitter or facebook, but I love reading blogs, maybe too much. I should be painting, but I too, admire the incredible talent out there that I don't do my own art.
Gee, we could be twins, lol!
You are one of the artists whose art I drool over too, haha! and you never fail to disappoint, Just like today's painting...so keep that in mind :-D
xoxo
betty

Kolleen said...

i echo all of the sentiments above!!!

just keep on doin what you love to do best and the rest will fall into place!!!

your paintings are so gorgeous...really, really beautiful!!! i love visiting your blog...makes me smile!!

sending love
xoxo
k

Nicola said...

heheheh I know what you mean. Love that painting it's gorgeous! I'm getting more comfortable with talking about myself and my work but it does feel weird sometimes but if I didn't then no one would see my paintings and I love being able to get them out there and to see eveyone elses work!

si said...

hi...i like so much about your paint arts...very creative...and colourful....beautiful
hugs from brasil
sisi

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

mary evia said...

hahaha... I know exactly what you mean. Your art is different and special. It is not an ordinary paint in fact. I wonder if I can use a paint of you to make a mixed media canvas. Keep painting!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails