Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sometimes it seems I have so little to say, there's a lot of mumbo jumbo in my head though, but I am a quiet person, I've always been a little shy and a little afraid to say what I'm thinking, sometimes I feel that what i have to say may just not come out right so I think and think about it and then say nothing at all. See I told you all there's a lot of mumbo jumbo in my head. Today I woke up, thinking i would finish up on some art I already started, but of course, i get on the computer and get distracted, (easy for me). I have been in rut lately, don't know if it's because I've been working so much, all I can think about is quitting my jobs and just staying home but if I did that i would never leave my house or even get out of my pj's.
My art has been suffering too, I usually feel a passion for painting and lately I feel I have just been going through the motions or maybe it's because sales have been down or maybe it's just the weather, It's been cold in Florida, well cold for Florida and I'm definitely a sun worshiper, the cold seems to get me down especially when I'm working outside. So I don't have anything new to show you except a few paintings I did a few weeks ago , I haven't even posted them on Etsy...I'm not sure not sure why... too little time?... anyway here they are...
"Life is a Circus"

"Wanna Dance"
"take flight" (Winken,Blinken and Nod)

I also have wanted to post some of the work I do away from home... just to show you what it is I do...They are pastel portraits...



Also I wanted to say how saddened I am to hear about Renee Please pray for her comfort and her family. She is such a special Lady and has given me much comfort and love even though she never met me personally , I always felt her kindness and love through her sweet comments...

8 comments:

Diane said...

You know, your post really touched me. I have recently been right where you are. Just rest and let go and before you know it, creativity will spark back up and you won't be able to paint long enough hours. Don't you think that these down times are like in between the seasons? It seems like nothings growing, then "bam" up it comes out of nowhere. Your work is so gorgeous and I am in love with that little clown!!!

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Patti,
OMG you are just like me; quiet, shy, and my mood changes whenever I am not selling, and also live in Florida and do not like the cold weather. hehe...
You need to keep creating and the more you add to your store the more you will sell... do not stop because of your sales. Keep going...and going you'll see.
BTW I love "Take Flight"...divine!


Take Flight

Micki said...

Love the piggy in the first painting, so sweet!

I am not quiet or reserved as anyone that knows me will tell you, but I am effected massively by the seasons, recent sales and how it all makes me feel sometimes can be horrible!
I do like to take time out when i'm feeling pooey but sometimes that is not the best plan. I have found that if I force myself to work sometimes it can break the pattern and I feel better within myself for acheiving something.


I really have no useful advice so all I will say is that I love your work, it makes me happy to see it, so please keep creating :)

Micki x

p.s. My heart is with Renee and her family now too, it is very sad indeed, she has been there for me since I started blogging over a year ago, she is loved very much by many!

Diane said...

Did you go into my computer and write this, because this is exactly how I feel. I think this happens to everyone around this time of year no matter where you are. You must know how fresh your art is--I love it and it's very unique to you!

mechelle said...

This time of the year is the time of the blahs...the weather is yucky and this feeling is looming around to many people unfortunately. Hopefully soon you will get back your creative juices again.

PBsArtStudio said...

Oh I'm so glad to know its not just me , I'll soldier on then! Thanks for all the encouragement!

Julie said...

Your new art is sooo beautiful! I especially love the three girls in the flying ship! That is precious! I hope you feel better soon...my head always gets jumbled in the cold weather. Hopefully spring will be here soon! : ) xxx

Julie-ann Brown (Bowden) said...

These paintings are so cute. I just love how beautiful your art is!

Julie:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails