Monday, February 8, 2010

So I bet you all thought I disappeared into blog land but no.... I'm back, just really have had no time at all, I've been working so much, I come home exhausted and I haven't even painted in about a week and a half. But no you can't get rid of me that easily!
I had one of those weeks where everything seems to happen to me and you ask why me...I think it was just a few weeks ago I read, I think it was Micki's post about why me, well I'll tell you just one of the crazy things I've done... I was at work, I stepped outside to talk on my cell phone and decided to sit on a golf cart we use to get around the huge property I work at. I absentmindedly put my foot on the accelerator not knowing someone had left it running and the cart took off right into the bushes! I had a hard time getting it out but I really didn't want to tell anyone I had done that cause then I'd get teased forever, chalk another air-headed moment to me! Why does these thing always happen to me! Any way I decided to come and feed my very neglected blog and post some art I did a couple of weeks ago. I'm really antsy to try new stuff, so if I can possible get some time, my next endeavor will be some encaustic paintings, we'll see how they turn out because I've never tried it before but I found this great book on it, maybe some more abstracty stuff!

heres a few little paintings I did a few weeks ago that I have up on Etsy.

Dreams do come true....























Wherever Love takes me...

9 comments:

Val Zdero said...

Welcome back to blogger land :D - your lovely art has been missed!

I love both paintings, so love your style of art - but the two mermaids are my fave.

Take care and be careful of those golf buggies...cheers Val xo

Micki said...

Glad you are back, your story about the golf cart is fantastic ;) i've had lots of 'why me' moments in my life, it was great to hear some other peoples moments too!!

I am absolutely smitten with your girl on a bike painting, she is delightful and the colours are fabulous too!

Micki x

janil said...

Oh!!!!!!LOvely...

Diane said...

Love these!! and that sounds like something that I would do--seriously!

Astrid Maclean said...

Both are great, totally love them!

Patricia González Palacios said...

Muy lindos tus trabajos y los colores que utilizaste, saludos paty

WrightStuff said...

Nice to see you lovely pics! I know what you mean about being so busy. I'm just grabbing a quick 10 minute break around blogland in between work. It's all good though because since I've become self-employed, being busy is suddenly a very good thing as it means I earn money! Amazing what a motivator that can be!

Kelly Lish said...

These are both wonderful! I love the whimsical feeling of the mermaids-just beautiful!

Deb Harvey said...

Love the paintings!!! And the story about the golf cart...oh, how I can see that happening to two of my three daughters! Thanks for the smiles!
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails