Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A little about me

This little painting is called "Be Strong" and I would like to dedicate it to all of You!I so appreciate your visits and I feel so much kindness when you post your sweet comments, all I want to do reciprocate, I may not always comment back, although I try, but I am thinking of you. I want to especially dedicate it to those of you who may be going through hard times...


On her dress it says..."I will no longer be afraid to spread my Wings and Fly"

This brings me to a question I was asked today and that I get a lot and thought, maybe people perceive me a certain way because of my Art. So I decided to open up a little about me. I got asked if my art reflects my personality or my life, because there is a certain sadness in my paintings. The answer to that is no. I don't know why my paintings turn out sad, I don't think they are sad but maybe reflect other feelings, of course that's in my mind, and maybe that's not how people see my art.
I had a bittersweet childhood, My mother suffered from schizophrenia and because of that I was passed along my 5 different Aunts, some treated me really well, while others not so much, all in all, I had happy times and sad times. (We all do)
But the hardest thing I lived in my Childhood was coming to the US at the age of two, (I was born in Costa Rica)I was never accepted very well in school, because we lived in a community (In NJ)where It was mostly middle income Whites mostly Italian decent (the funny thing was that my ancestors were mostly Italian also) but children can be so cruel, I was bullied all through my childhood, even getting in trouble at school just so i could stay late and not have to walk home alone and get beat up. I was thankful ever Summer when I would get sent to CR to go to school so I could learn Spanish, because i always fit in there. We moved when I was 13 to Florida, where it was different, no one discriminated against me but by now I was mostly a scared girl, even of my shadow! I learned to cope with my fears in time though and God healed my heart. I met the most wonderful guy, we've been married(happily) for 24 years and I have three Beautiful, amazing Kids who are my Joy! God has Blessed me so much! and I have so much to be grateful for, even my childhood!
I feel that God allows Things to happen in our lives for a reason, I think I am a better person because of all I went through and though It was hard, I am who I am today because of it and I do thank God for "everything"!
I feel that life is what we make of it, we choose to Love, We choose to be kind, we choose to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and continue on the journey that God has mapped out for us, we choose to be happy and I am. I rarely am in a bad mood or sad or unhappy with what God has given me. I am very easy going and carefree, I let things just roll right off and I love to have fun! I am hardly ever serious and love to joke around but I am a little airheaded and fogetful some times, which i usually just laugh off! But one thing for sure is that it is hard for me to open myself up and talk about my life, I very rarely do so and I feel apprehension about it. I really am doubting posting this, but I must be brave!
As for my Art, I don't feel that it is sad, I try to express kindness, love, compassion, and happiness, which in a way is my form of reaching out to people, just maybe not in the traditional way of smiling. It kind of saddens me to think that some people feel sadness though when they look at my art, I guess everyone perceives it their own way.

17 comments:

Renee said...

Your art is wonderful dear one.

Thank you so much for sharing some of the stories of your life. You are beautiful.

I have to admit though that I hate mean people. I cannot tolerate meanness in anyone.

Love Renee xoxo

pinkglitterfae said...

I have never seen sadness when I look at your art, your girls are beautiful, maybe their expressions can be called melancholy, definitely not sad though.
It's nice to read about other artists lives, it does take courage, so good for you for writing this post.
I can relate to the bullying as a child, I came from Greece when I was almost 3, couldn't speak the language, and you know how kids are very cruel. It made me more sensitive and thoughtful of others though, and like you, I'm generally a happy person most of the time.
You are indeed blessed in your life, with your family and your talent. Thank you for sharing it.
peace,
betty

Sophia said...

What an incredible story you have. You have grown into be a beautiful woman, inside out, and it shows in your art. I love her. I need that hanging on my wall at work as a reminder for myself as well.

Annette Q said...

oh Patti, what a story, thank you so much for sharing and opening up.
Thats one thing I find incredibly hard doing in blogland and in real life. I need to learn how to from amazing people like yourself...
As for your art, I dont see sadness, I see hope and lots and lots of beauty.
Your new piece is wonderful to with a special meaning. Love it!
So, keep doing what youre doing because you do it sooo well ;-)

purplecat said...

thankyou for sharing :)
I can look back on my life and realise Gods hand in things, and though some times were really hard,I wouldn't change the results and outcomes.
Blessings to you, hugs Karen x

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

I glad you hit the 'publish' button on this post! It's beautiful! So are you! It was great to read and learn more about you and I agree, I don't see sadness in your art. I see such sweet compassion in your girls' eyes! A very sweet innocence which I adore!

I'm glad you have a wonderful life, you deserve it!

...mmm... said...

An amazing post. you are making it in this world dn contributing beautiful art in the process.

Michelle Eaton said...

You are a wonderful person. Thanks for being so brave and sharng a piece of yourself with us.

I also see a sweet innocence in your paintings and a real depth of feeling. I don't think I have ever thought sad though.

You and your artwork are truley inspirational.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Patti! Beautiful post! I don't see sadness either when I look at your art. I only see freedom of expression and creative bliss. Thanks so much for sharing your life with us! I can see how your earlier bumps in the road have made you a brave and loving person that you are. Have a lovely day sweetie!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

PBsArtStudio said...

Thank you so much girls for all your kind words. You are all so sweet!

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

I don't normally see sadness in your art. I think your paintings are beautiful! In fact, I've always been a bit envious of how well you do their faces.

I'm glad you decided to share your story. I enjoy knowing their is a person behind the blog and it helps give your artwork a deeper meaning.

Just remember the things that have happened have helped you become the person you are today.

melissa said...

Not sad! But truly sincere. Like when you look into someones eyes and see who they really are.

Such a touching post. I grew up in NJ. I wish I had known you. We could have been really good friends.

Lauren said...

I love you so much smidgy :)

Lorri said...

Thank you for sharing Patty :)
I do see a sadness in those pretty paintings of yours.. and my painting are sad too, i think for me though it is a reflection of what i'm going through/been through. Thank you for sharing and being so thoughtful. xo

Blissful Pumpkin said...

I so adore your work, particularly this one. Love it , love it, love it.
Kyles =D

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

fuikhvgjkguug said...

a片手機看到飽
a片免費看看到飽
做愛a片直播網
a片下載網路電視
日本a片直播線上看
av女優手機看到飽
色情手機看到飽
18成人網站手機看到飽
視訊聊天室手機看到飽
情趣用品手機看到飽
a漫h漫手機看到飽
色情性愛光碟手機看到飽
sex手機看到飽
做愛手機看到飽
成人影城手機看到飽
情色貼圖手機看到飽
情色手機看到飽
色情網站手機看到飽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails