Sunday, April 5, 2009

I have spent the weekend in a little bit of a blur! I participated in a relay for life event in Tampa. I drew Caricatures to raise money for the American Cancer society. it was a great experience and left me in awe of what these people do. they raised $50,0oo.oo in 24 hours.  We stayed up all night and there were lots of events, but most admirable to me was that most of the people there and those who put on the event were USF college students! so many participated, 
Two marine students ran around the track from 6:00pm until 6:00 am, sixty miles to raise money!Staying up wasn't really that hard but in the morning I couldn't keep my eyes open I felt like someone had drugged me! lol, I slept 4 hours yesterday morning and went to bed at 9pm to try to recuperate and slept till 12:30 this morning! I never do that. but it was so worth it! I had lots of fun and hope to do it again for such a worthy cause!

1 comment:

Micki said...

Wow that sounds very impressive! I think I would of passed out, I like my sleep waay too much ;)
I'm glad they raised plenty of money though it's all needed i'm sure.

Micki x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails